Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In the Land of Oz

Our school's yearly theme is selected by our principal to represent where we are at an given point in time. What's remarkable to me is that it's not only a stated theme rather it's fully integrated into all aspects of our school life and introduces itself the moment you walk through the front doors, or this year, under the front porch! You'd have a hard time deciding if it's more awe inspiring for our students or for our building's learning leaders. For me, it's a daily reminder that I am part of something special, something unique. It's one of the reasons that kids and adults, alike, LOVE being at the Creek.

This first introduction when you step into the lobby is so powerful because of the creativity, dedication, and masterful team of three- KK, Karen, and Nikki. They pour their soul into this learning community and they do all theme preparation for free. The fact that they give up weeks of their summer break to make sure teachers, students, and parents are greeted by our theme when they walk back into our learning community, leaves me speechless. Each year I think, it can't possible get better, yet each year, it does.

The remarkably magnificant team...


And their latest masterpiece... 
Special shout out to Nancy Dance for allowing us to borrow some of their Oz backdrops!













Stay tuned...  This will bound to be a year full of heart, courage, and wisdom!



4 comments:

dayle timmons said...

It is an amazing display! Just one of the reasons I feel blessed to work at the Creek!

Mrs. Metzger and Mrs. Morris said...

You captured the magic of Chets!

Maria Mallon & Cheryl Dillard said...

When I walk into school, I feel like I am on the movie set ready to interact with the characters. I can't wait to see the children's faces on Monday!! MM

Mrs. McLeod said...

They have really outdone themselves this year! :)